Sunday & Monday, April 21 & 22
The Learning Guild’s eLearning Instructional Design Certificate Program is a comprehensive, two-day workshop that provides effective strategies to help you design eLearning courses with a laser focus on what your learners need to do differently, better, and/or faster…and how to help get them there. The program includes post-workshop resources to help support the application of these skills in your daily work.
“What do I need my learners to know? What do I want to cover in this module? What do I want this slide to say? What question can I add to make this interactive?”
When design starts with questions like these, the end product could easily end up as a bloated data dump that leaves learners wondering how to get that half hour of their lives back and stakeholders casting a wary eye. It’s an easy trap to fall into when we focus on knowledge (the means) instead of performance (the end).
This two-day certificate program will teach you how to design eLearning programs with performance excellence in mind.
Who should attend?
Do any of these statements apply to your work?
- It seems like you just do the same thing over and over with each course
- You feel like your projects don’t quite measure up to the quality of other examples you’ve seen in the industry
- You know your courses and projects can be more engaging… but you aren’t sure how to get them there
If you’ve ever stared at the screen stuck about what to write, how to organize your thoughts, or how to make dry content more interesting, this is the program for you. The Learning Guild’s eLearning Instructional Design Certificate Program provides the knowledge and skills needed to ensure the eLearning projects you design are focused on providing value for your organization.
A laptop computer (for course reviews, storyboard creation, etc.)
What Will You Learn?
At the Learning Guild’s eLearning Instructional Design Certificate Program, you will use a real-world case study to learn how to take a typical data dump approach and transform it into an engaging, interactive program that actually helps people do their jobs better.
Topics in this program include:
- Identifying what problem your eLearning needs to solve
- Understanding your learners’ and stakeholders’ needs
- Setting performance and behavioral objectives that truly matter
- Working more effectively with subject matter experts
- Building strategies that maintain your learners’ engagement
- Writing storyboards that provide useful structure and context
- Designing activities that reinforce skills rather than testing superficial facts
- Addressing obstacles that can prevent your learners from putting their new skills to use.
Owner, Artisan E-Learning
Diane Elkins is owner of Artisan E-Learning, a custom eLearning development company specializing in Articulate Studio, Storyline, Trivantis Lectora, and Adobe Captivate. Diane has built a reputation as a national eLearning expert by being a frequent speaker at major industry events, such as ATD ICE, ATD TechKnowledge, DevLearn, and Learning Solutions. She is also the co-author of the popular E-Learning Uncovered book series, as well as E-Learning Fundamentals: A Practical Guide, from ATD Press. She is a past board member of the Northeast Florida and Metro DC chapters of ATD.
Do more and save more
Extend your learning for a full week and save $200 on a certificate program when you also register for Learning & HR Tech Solutions 2024—in addition to all other discounts for which you may qualify!